Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Gender Reveal - It's a GIRL!!

We went to the Doctor's office for my 18 week checkup and although not the greatest Dr. experience, we finally found out the sex of our baby! We had to wait 2 hours, in the car, because the Dr. was behind and had a waiting room full of people. Anyhow, we got into the ultrasound room, went through some quick looks of the baby's head, arms, heartbeat, and then he turned the screen off so he could look for the gender. I didn't want to know what it was at the Dr's office since I had a little gender reveal in mind for Gerald and I. 

After pushing my belly around to get the legs open, he told us he was 90% sure of what it was. Dr. Hoang sealed up the ultrasound in an envelope and I took it to a local cupcake shop the next morning to get our gender reveal cupcakes. A friend told me that if the legs were crossed, it was a girl, so I walked out of the office telling Gerald "Congrats, on your baby girl!" hehe... Since I get an ultrasound at every appointment, we can always confirm and double check later =) 

But really, I didn't think it was a girl since most everyone has been telling me they think its a boy and with two girl granddaughters already in the family, I thought maybe it would be a boy too. We didn't have a preference either way, so it was fun to see what we were finally having! Gerald was getting quite anxious so I'm glad we finally know. I have a feeling we have a daddy's girl on the way!










Now for the fun part, picking out a name and shopping for the baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment