Monday, 11 May 2015

First Mother's Day!

Because of Miss Ella, I was able to celebrate my 1st Mother's Day! We had a nice weekend hanging out with some friends and their families. On actual Mother's Day, we took a day trip to LA with another couple for some good eats at Din Tai Fung. We met up with one of our friends from LA and I got to meet her son for the first time. He was born just a couple of weeks after Ella. After spending the afternoon at The Americana at Glendale, we headed over to the Staples Center to watch the Rockets take on the Clippers in the 1st round of the NBA Playoffs. It was so fun taking Ella to her first NBA game and live sporting event. It's been a while since I've been to one myself. It was super loud in there so I was thankful someone reccommend the baby headphones for me. Overall, it was a great 1st Mother's Day! I was thankful to have these girls to celebrate with and of course, Miss Ella!  I've really enjoyed having Ella as my little sidekick every where we go and seeing how she observes the world. It's quite fascinating to see how quickly she can learn and what her reactions to certain things are. We've been having lots of fun over the past 5 months and I'm looking forward to celebrating lots of future Mother's Day with her. It's such a rewarding feeling to be on the receiving end of this day. I always try to show my mom how much I appreciate her and everything she has done for me and hope Ella will do the same once she gets older. Here are some pics from the day...








Oh yea, Gerald was super thoughtful and got me a sweet card and this family portrait of us made from a designer on Etsy. I was honest with him and said I didn't really like the picture, but it's the thought that counts. I just didn't think the picture depicted us very well; I mean I don't really dress like that and neither does Ella, haha. And Gerald? Don't get me started...haha. The only thing they got right was his shoes. Anyhow, it's the thought that counts and I did want something like this but from another vendor. Check her out if you get the  chance...https://www.etsy.com/shop/betsymadeshop  
Maybe one day I'll decide to get another one made of us, but for now, meet The Pena Family =P




1 comment:

  1. Ahh how cute! Beautiful mommy and daughter...isn't motherhood the most beautiful gift? LOL on family pic..I always wondered where people got those things done!

    ReplyDelete