Happy 1/2 birthday to Miss Ella!
We celebrated in Houston with a baby shower for my friend, Jill, followed by some fun at the pool with some friends and her cousin, Kylie! I'd say she had a great 1/2 birthday! At six months, she sure has become quite the little traveler. We tackled camping, a trip to Ojai, Houston and Galveston all within this month! I think there was only one weekend we were home during the month of May. I'm proud to report that she did good for all of those trips and hasn't scared us from exploring new things and traveling just yet. We were able to even have a few nice meals with her in tow. Feels good to still be an adult sometimes.
Sleep is still an issue for us. Don't get me wrong, she is sleeping great, just only with us. She has taken to napping on the bed and going to sleep on the bed until we get it. Gerald and I don't mind the cuddles now, but we are definitely going to need our space soon. We are all about the cry it out method, but with travels in a couple weeks time again, we are holding off. Attempt #1 didn't go to well, so I don't want to try until we can be consistent. I really shouldn't complain because we are definitely getting sleep, but the rocking and swaying is getting to be harder now that she is more aware. Nursing to sleep is getting to be impossible now, Miss Ella is just too observant and is definitely beginning to fight sleep in "fear of missing out {FOMO}."
This little baby has really grown into a big baby now that she is sitting up and crawling! I really don't know how and when all this happened, but it happened quicker than I was prepared for. She is not full on exploring just yet, but we have run into some trash can and cord curiosity. Gerald is in the process of child proofing the house right now. I love how she's more playful and mobile, I just signed her up for My Gym so that should be fun. I definitely have to be careful where I put her now when I leave the room.
We've been exploring lots of food with Ella and so far, so good. She doesn't seem to have any allergies as we've given her everything from eggs to peanuts. Along with baby food purees, I've given her pretty much a little taste of everything I eat. So far she's had: pho, refried beans, guacamole, pad thai, chinese rice porridge, chicken tikka masala, and a few more other things but those are just some of the more adventurous foods for a six month old. I'm hoping she will grow up to be a foodie like me so we can have nice little lunch dates!
Ella is still wanting me when she sleeps so leaving her at night hasn't been the best but I've done it and it does feel nice to be away. She typically just cries a bit longer and harder but eventually settles down when she realizes I'm not there to rescue her. I know it'll all come in time so I'm just trying to be patient about it. She is still not taking the bottle and to be honest, we've been really bad about trying it because nursing her is just so easy but I know I need to start working my way towards that so I can eventually have some free nights away. What can I say, she just loves me too much! hehe
Here are some Ella-isms at month six!
Weight: 15lbs 9oz
Height: 26 inches
Features:starting to get a wee lid on her eyes, but most days they're still small. with all the time we've been spending outside and at the pool, my little babe has a wee tan. her cheeks and thighs keep getting bigger as well. oh and her hair is starting to grow now, yay! and if you can't tell, she is really starting to look like Daddy!
Likes: food! or anything that can be put in her mouth. she's been loving mum mums and her sophie the giraffe a lot.
Dislikes: getting diaper changes and clothes changes, especially after bath time. she's so happy during the bath and as soon as we get out and start getting ready she starts crying hysterically! we've entered the stage of needing to strap her down because she keeps rolling over and trying to crawl to get the products
Movement: this girl is everywhere and constantly moving when she is not sleeping. she's sitting up, crawling, even trying to stand sometimes. we've had a couple of boo boos from falling while doing all of the above. let's just say, we are trying to organize a playroom for her so she can explore without getting hurt.
Words: screams like no other. she loves saying "AH!" sometimes I wonder how a voice can be so loud coming from a small person.
Sleeps: pretty much sleeping through the night when she is with us. she's usually down by 8 and up by 7:30. she's taking about 3 naps a day at pretty regular times which is nice. the naps vary from 30 minutes to 2 hours but I just let it be.
Eats: she's been taking purees Stage 1 and Stage 2 foods really well, so I've started giving her some of my table food. I made her a handful of different purees that are a bit chunkier and so far she seems to enjoy it. We give her spears of bananas to hold and she's pretty good about trying to get it in her mouth. I hope to start exploring with more baby wed leaning foods soon.
That's Miss Ella at month six. See you in a couple weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment