Ella and I spend long days together, especially this month when Gerald was working late a lot due to issues in the field. There would be days that he doesn't even get to see her when he comes home because she is already sleeping. It's hard for me to have her all day by myself, but I'm sure it's even harder for him to not be able to see her for a day. That's why we make weekends especially fun!
This month, we had lots of good times! My cousin came to visit from San Diego, we went to Pasadena for a little getaway, and did our first big trip with her to Mammoth for some skiing! Ella is a little social butterfly and loves being on the go and around people. She hasn't given us any problems while traveling or having people around. I hope this continues because mommy and daddy love to travel and entertain. She pretty much sleeps in the car {this is starting to change}, sits quietly and observe while we are out, and plays like crazy when we are home. I have to be careful now because she has been kicking out, scooting, twisting and turning everywhere. I will put her on the play mat one way and next thing you know she's done a couple 360 turn! Oh and we put her in daycare for the first time during our ski trip. I was a bit nervous about it but it went great! It makes me feel better about eventually trying to find a sitter so we can go out and do things as a couple.
Here are some Ella-isms at Month Three:
Weight: about 12 pounds
Height: maybe 24 inches
Features: sweet smiles, squishy belly, arm and thigh rolls, big cheeks
Likes: sitting in the high chair and watching mommy cook, reading {she is starting to pay a bit more attention}, baby massage after bath time , face timing with family, taking pictures {she looks directly in the camera now!}the outdoors {she relaxes right away when we are outside}
Dislikes: the bottle {still!}, car seat for short rides, rock n play {kicking out of it all the time now}
Movement: scooting, kicking out, hitting objects and grabbing objects in play gym, standing up while holding her, sucks her hand and drools like no tomorrow
Words: loves cooing and babbling {especially in the morning when she wakes up}, little laughs and chuckles when she sleeps
Sleeps: rock n play and bringing her to bed with me, co-sleeping on our trip {seems to be her best sleeps ever! i had to wake her to eat b/c my boob was exploding after 5 hours}, and last but not least, we are trying to transition her into the crib {started 2 days shy of her 3 months, which is going pretty well. she wakes about 2 times a night now instead of 3 and sleeps from about 8:00 pm -7:30 am everyday, if not more. my baby loves her sleep.
Eats: i feel like we eat longer now but less often. she gets angry and screams if I can't give it to her fast enough or if i cut her off for some reason. girl wants her milk! i still feed her about every 3 hours when we are home but she can go longer if we're out. at night she gives me about 3.5 - 4 hours now. with co-sleeping it seems like I can get 5! but of course, we still have our off days. i'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Ella and I are starting to get a routine down, which is nice. I feel more comfortable taking her out now, but still try to avoid any kind of shopping with her. We like going for walks around he neighborhood, friends houses, and parks. We are continuing with our weekly Wednesday swim classes and she is getting better and better each week with the exercises. Our last class, she didn't let out one cry, which was the first after 6 weeks! Progress...
Well, that's another month of Ella-isms. I'm sure I'll be here writing month four before we know it.
Height: maybe 24 inches
Features: sweet smiles, squishy belly, arm and thigh rolls, big cheeks
Likes: sitting in the high chair and watching mommy cook, reading {she is starting to pay a bit more attention}, baby massage after bath time , face timing with family, taking pictures {she looks directly in the camera now!}the outdoors {she relaxes right away when we are outside}
Dislikes: the bottle {still!}, car seat for short rides, rock n play {kicking out of it all the time now}
Movement: scooting, kicking out, hitting objects and grabbing objects in play gym, standing up while holding her, sucks her hand and drools like no tomorrow
Words: loves cooing and babbling {especially in the morning when she wakes up}, little laughs and chuckles when she sleeps
Sleeps: rock n play and bringing her to bed with me, co-sleeping on our trip {seems to be her best sleeps ever! i had to wake her to eat b/c my boob was exploding after 5 hours}, and last but not least, we are trying to transition her into the crib {started 2 days shy of her 3 months, which is going pretty well. she wakes about 2 times a night now instead of 3 and sleeps from about 8:00 pm -7:30 am everyday, if not more. my baby loves her sleep.
Eats: i feel like we eat longer now but less often. she gets angry and screams if I can't give it to her fast enough or if i cut her off for some reason. girl wants her milk! i still feed her about every 3 hours when we are home but she can go longer if we're out. at night she gives me about 3.5 - 4 hours now. with co-sleeping it seems like I can get 5! but of course, we still have our off days. i'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Ella and I are starting to get a routine down, which is nice. I feel more comfortable taking her out now, but still try to avoid any kind of shopping with her. We like going for walks around he neighborhood, friends houses, and parks. We are continuing with our weekly Wednesday swim classes and she is getting better and better each week with the exercises. Our last class, she didn't let out one cry, which was the first after 6 weeks! Progress...
Well, that's another month of Ella-isms. I'm sure I'll be here writing month four before we know it.
I can't wait to meet this angel! Se seems like such a great baby. The hardest part is over and things are gonna get more and more fun everyday!
ReplyDelete