Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Ella-isms {Month Eleven}

Month eleven was a super busy month for us; we traveled to Houston for a couple of weeks and then Arizona for another week, with 3 different stops. Let's just say, sleep was tough for us with all the changes. I won't dwell on that too much as we did have lots of fun! We celebrated Ella's 1st Halloween dressed up as a salmon sushi nigiri. If you know me, I LOVE sushi and I always thought it was cute seeing other babies dressed up as one before I had Ella and knew that that's what I wanted her to be. I found a tutorial on how to make your own sushi costume on pinterest and it turned out super well, and was pretty easy, I must say. All I used was scissors and fabric tape =) This month, Ella took her first few steps all on her own, but hasn't really quite cared to start walking yet, which is fine by me. It was exciting though to see her try so hard to get those first few. She was super giddy about it and so were we. With all the traveling we did, the only way to keep Ella busy and in a good mood was to feed her, constantly...She may be petite, but she can totally put down some food. Right, enough of the jibber jabber, here are some Ella-isms {to be fair, what I can remember from jotting down in her baby book}



Ella-isms at month eleven:

Weight: ??
Height: she is definitely losing some baby fat
Features: looks like she is getting more hair
Likes: interacting with people and observing everything they do. makes traveling and eating out easier since she gets so distracted with everyone around.
Dislikes: sleep! she fight naps and will only sleep longer periods if I co-sleep with her
Movement: took her first few steps on November 5, 2015. it was so cute and exciting. 
Sleeps: so my good sleeping baby went out the window with all the traveling. she refuses to sleep anywhere but with me again. we pretty much nurse to sleep at this point, which doesn't help but it's so easy when we travel so that's what we do. 
Eats: loves the boob but still getting her nutrients other ways. snacks all the time! 

I feel like we take one step forward and two steps back when it comes to sleep but other than that, she is pretty fun to be around. I really can't blame her with all the traveling we've been doing so we just rally through it. She's a pretty good traveler otherwise, just needs me more which is understandable in a new environment. I'm just glad that the traveling is worth it or else I would turn my butt right back home...haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment