Sunday, 28 December 2014

First Bath

It was a good two weeks before we decided to give Ella her first bath. I was a bit nervous handling her in the tub because she was so tiny. Gerald prepared the bath while I stripped her down and held her a bit before putting her in the tub. This probably wasn't the best idea as she started to pee while being naked wrapped in a towel..oops. It was definitely bath time after this.  After the initial shock of being put in the water, she relaxed and seem to enjoy the warm water. We kept her warm with a wet cloth and I wiped her down a soapy washcloth. We even shampooed her hair. It was pretty greasy after two weeks so this was much needed. After all was done, she still looked a bit shocked but was calm and wide awake! She was probably thinking, "What the heck was that??" I loved her facial expression after we got her dried up. I think this was the first time I saw her eyes super wide open. Yay for a clean baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment