Month Two was filled with playdates, outings, and overall just really getting to know what kind of baby Ella is and some of her likes and dislikes. After Gerald went back to work at one month, I kept a daily log of her daily activities just so I know what to expect from her while caring for her on my own. I know things change all the time, but at least at this moment, I have a pretty good idea of what she is like at two months and feel I can manage her a bit better now that I have a semi-routine going on.
It was an adjustment for me not having help around, but we are managing pretty well. I try to get out of the house at least once a day; be it playdate, walk around the neighborhood, park, or store. We signed her up for swim class every Wednesday at 11 am and so far so good. For some reason, she decides to fight naps during swim days and ends up getting fussy or falling asleep during class but overall I think she likes it. I can almost guarantee a good nap day after swim class, which is a plus for me! I'm not going to lie, there are days that I don't get to shower or get ready until late in the afternoon and days I don't ever change out of my pjs but I'm enjoying it. However, I sure do miss being able to say "can you watch her while I..." Everything has to be planned out in advance now.
It was an adjustment for me not having help around, but we are managing pretty well. I try to get out of the house at least once a day; be it playdate, walk around the neighborhood, park, or store. We signed her up for swim class every Wednesday at 11 am and so far so good. For some reason, she decides to fight naps during swim days and ends up getting fussy or falling asleep during class but overall I think she likes it. I can almost guarantee a good nap day after swim class, which is a plus for me! I'm not going to lie, there are days that I don't get to shower or get ready until late in the afternoon and days I don't ever change out of my pjs but I'm enjoying it. However, I sure do miss being able to say "can you watch her while I..." Everything has to be planned out in advance now.
Here are some Ella-isms at Month Two:
Weight: 11 lbs 11 oz
Height: 23 inches
Features: double chin, chubby cheeks, long fingernails and eyelashes
Likes: crib mobile, play gym, swim class, bouncing on the yoga ball, tummy time, being outdoors
Dislikes: the bottle {we are working on this everyday!}, being on her back during swim class, coming out of the bath
Movement: moves her arms and legs in excitement while staring at the mobile or gym {I can get a good 15-20 minutes from her playing on her own every day}, lifts her head up pretty high during tummy time, splashes in the pool during swim class, sitting in her high chair, eating her hands but still can't find her thumb
Words: she coos while playing alone and also at us when we talk to her
Sleeps: we are back to the rock n play pretty consistently, but i'm still bringing her into bed with me after the early morning feeding. she just sleeps longer and i love having her next to me. starting to fight her naps but sleeps pretty good overall; will give me about 2.5-3.5 hours on a given night. what happened to the 4 hr night?
Eats: she is becoming more efficient and just eating off of one boob for a good 10 minutes or so. sometimes we can go 4 hours without eating during the day and others just 2, so I don't know what the deal is with that. waking up about 2.5-3.5 hrs to feed during the night still.
Ella enjoys being out and about just like her mommy and daddy and I hope it stays that way! We've taken her out to eat a couple of times, baby shower, country club, farmers market, outlet mall ,and she hasn't given us a hard time just yet. She has started crying a little bit in her carseat at stop lights so I'm praying it's just because she's hungry and not that she doesn't like being in her carseat. We have a ski trip to Mammoth scheduled for the first week of March and it's a 4.5 hour drive so let's just hope she does okay! Anyhow, that's it for Miss Ella at two months; three months is just around the corner and I can't wait to share with you some new Ella-isms.
It's such a curve ball when they 'wake up'. Of course, Forest never had a sleepy baby period so I guess for us he was just born awake:) I feel like things got much more predictable around the 2.5/3 month age but before that I was all sorts of overwhelmed and confused (and sleep deprived). Good for you on getting out of the house everyday! It's so important. Also, keep going with the 'independent' play time. We did this with Forest every day for about 15-20 minutes at least and now he's so good at occupying himself while I get a few things done (or just stare a the wall and drink my tea:). You are doing awesome and you are almost through one of the toughest adjustment periods of your life. Wahoo!
ReplyDelete