Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Playdates

Ella has been having a blast meeting new friends at playdate. She made her playdate debut at Lynda's house hanging out with the other 2 newborns. Noah {Lynda's baby},  who was born two weeks before her and Ethan {Carrie's baby}, was born two weeks after her. I'm so excited to see these three grow up together here in Bako. It feels nice to have mommy friends who have kids your age because they can relate to the same things you're going through at the same time. 



As I mentioned before, there is a wonderful network of Chevron moms here that I am fortunate enough to know. One of them being my neighbor down the street, Jill. Jill hosted a pre-valentines playdate so the kids can make presents using their footprints and handprints for Valentine's day. I got Ella in on the action and she created her first artwork for Daddy.





The weather has been super nice here lately so we've been getting out to the park with the group as well. Ella usually just falls asleep in her stroller but on this particular day, she was smitten by her friend, Ethan, and gave us some open eyes in the sunshine.


With all the fun playdates Ella has been having, we decided we needed one too so we met up with a couple from our child birthing and breastfeeding class to enjoy brunch, mimosas, and sunshine at the Seven Oaks Country Club. Richard and Jamie's daughter, Gabriella, was born 3 weeks after Ella on New Year's Eve.  We hope to hang out with Richard and Jamie more often and get the girls together. With all the newborn boys around, Ella needs some girl time as well.



Speaking of girl time, soon there will be a new girl in town to hang out with as we just celebrated Iina's soon to be baby girl. Gerald had to work the Saturday of the baby shower so I got to take Ella with me to her first baby shower. She pretty much slept the entire time and woke up just in time for the picture!


As you can see, we've been a social butterfly and she's loving every minute of it. We have lots of fun, but it's even more fun when Daddy is around. I'm loving having my little sidekick with me everywhere I go =)


1 comment:

  1. Aw I love play dates and I'm so happy Ella has a few babies right around her age to hang out with. That's priceless for you as a momma too! I'm so jealous you and Jill live so close. What a cute valentine's play date idea!

    ReplyDelete