We decided to enroll Ella in swim class to 1) get her use to the water and 2) give me something to do with her on a regular basis. She started her first class when she was 7 weeks old at the local American Kids. The class is free from 6 weeks to 6 months, with an annual enrollment fee of $38; what a steal! My friend, Lynda, and her son, Noah signed up for the same class as us which is super fun. I'm glad I have someone to talk to and hang out with. Mommy needs social time as well. For her first class, there were 5 babies and it was seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen. Newborns in swim diapers, floating in the water. Ella did pretty good during her first class but didn't like the idea of being put on her back and moving backwards so she started to fuss and cry then. I have a screamer on my hands! As we changed positions back to the front, with just her legs in the water, she was fine. I occasionally had to just hold her and not participate in the activities because she was crying but I was able to calm her down pretty quickly. The class takes you through a series of movements: back and forth, side to side, up and down, on the belly, on the back, some tummy time action and some time hanging on the side of the wall. I really enjoyed the class and hope to continue going weekly; especially if it can guarantee me a 3 hr nap afterwards!
First Class
 |
| knocked out! |
 |
| dreaming of swimming |
Second Class
 |
| cutest watermelon swim diapers from Honest Company =) |
 |
| what she hates the most! |
 |
| learning how to jump into the water |
Thanks to Haylee, a fellow mom in the class for the class pictures! I hate that Gerald misses out on these first experiences with her so it's nice to have fellow moms who can capture the moment to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment