Saturday, 11 October 2014

31 weeks

How far along: 31 weeks
Weight gain: 19 lbs total weight gain, I have 8 more weeks to go so if what they say is correct about gaining a pound a week until you're due, I'm looking at 28 lbs total weight gain! Eeks!
Exercise: does hosting a game watching party, cooking, baking, and cleaning count?
Best moment this week: went out to the pumpkin patch to take some maternity pictures with my friend Raji. weather is getting cooler here in Bako and it was nice to be out and about. 
Worst moment this week: discovered some stretch marks on my belly! it's really not a worse moment because I knew it would come eventually, but I guess something to talk about...I definitely felt like I was "stretching" this week so it was bound to happen. lather, lather, lather lotion is all i can do =)
Cravings: everything under the sun! this baby is giving me a real good appetite! chic-fil-a breakfast was a winner!
Sleep: instead of taking naps, I'm sleeping in a lot more. 9am wake up call; i better enjoy it while i can! 
Looking forward to: cooler weather!!

Child Birthing Class #2: This week we focused on the "transition phase" of labor, which is suppose to be the most painful and shortest period. We practiced some massage techniques with the partners, learned about what helps us block out pain, and watched another live birth video through all the 3 stages. I can't lie, but I cringed at some parts and felt a sense of panic but I know whatever needs to happen will and I just need to relax and let it be! Easier said than done but that's what I'm hoping will happen come D-Day!We did an ice exercise at home to learn how to block out pain and it's taking me over a minute to finally realize i need to breathe and focus on something other than the pain, so yea, I have a lot of practicing to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment