Saturday, 4 October 2014

30 weeks

How far along: 30 weeks
Weight gain: probably same as last
Exercise: i finished my yoga pass so need to find something else to do regularly. i plan to still go to some classes but not as often as I did the last month. 
Best moment this week: spending time with Gennie in Bakersfield. it was our little own girlie baby moon. We all know that girl time won't be the same with a little one around so I definitely appreciated this time we had together. We went to Kernville, ordered take out, watched a movie, got a mani/pedi, and just talked =)
Worst moment this week: nada
Cravings: Gennie brought me kolaches! I don't know what's up with me and kolaches but Ella and I are definitely enjoying them. 
Sleep: tired a lot more now, so nap time is kicking back into my daily routine =) 
Looking forward to: starting child birth classes on Wednesday...it's getting real, ya'll!

Child Birthing Class #1: We had our first class this week and the teacher, Pat Rainey, was quite hilarious. She's been teaching this class at Mercy Southwest for about 20 years now and has all her jokes lined up. This week, we learned about the different stages of labor, watched a mini live birth video (yowsers!), and practiced some relaxation techniques (I did my "Ohm" yoga sitting pose, while Gerald sprawled out on the floor and took a mini nap; I can see what he's going to be doing when I'm in labor, ha!). There are about 7 other couples in the class, all first time moms, so it's nice knowing that we're all in the same boat when it comes to labor.




No comments:

Post a Comment